Call for information or an appointment.
Suburbs call 847.666.3494
Make An Appointment
Learn how to make the most of your appointment.
Your care team wants to be prepared for your visit. That’s why you need to schedule your appointment in advance.
When you make the appointment, you will need to provide specific information so be sure to have it ready:
- The first and last name of the patient
- The date of birth of the patient
- The Erie location at which you’d like to receive service
- The name of the doctor or other provider whom you have seen before (unless you are a new patient)
- A telephone number where we can call you and/or text you to remind you of your appointment
To make an appointment call us at 312-666-3494 (city) or 847-666-3494 (suburbs) or send us a message through our online patient service, myeriehealth.com.
Please let the call center operator know if you’d like to schedule back-to-back medical and dental appointments.
And please let the operator know if you’d like to schedule back-to-back appointments for two children or for an adult and a child. We will do our best to accommodate such a request.
If you are already an Erie patient and have been seen within the past 12 months, you only need to bring a photo ID.
If you are a new patient or an existing Erie patient who has not been seen in the last 12 months you need to follow these directions.
For Patients With Insurance
Erie Family Health accepts many different insurances.
Payment is preferred at the time of service.
Please print and fill out the new patient intake form (below) prior to your visit, and bring it with you to your appointment:
If you are insured, please be sure to bring the following information on the day of your appointment:
- Picture ID
- Proof of current address
- Current phone number
- Medical card or insurance card
Click here to send us an email
Patients Without Insurance
Patients without insurance are charged on a sliding fee scale, which is based on family size and household income. In order to qualify, patients must provide proof of identification, proof of family size and proof of income. This information must be renewed every 12 months.
- Identification: State driver’s license, State Identification Card, Matricula Consular de Alta Seguridad (Identification card issued by the Government of Mexico), Passport, or similar identification from other countries of origin.
- Family size:Includes any dependent children, Spouse or Partner, Parent or in-laws, any individuals over the age of 18* for whom the applicant has legal responsibility to support living in the home, **children attending college up to the age of 26 are also included in determining total number of individuals in a household.
* For any individuals that you have legal responsibility for you must present court documents to verify any additional individuals supported over the age of 18.
**For children attending college, you must provide a schedule or transcripts that can be utilized to verify support provided to children ages 18-26.
Income: Yours and your families last 30 day Pay check stubs, AND copy of your most recent Tax Return. Please see below other documents you can provide if you do not have any of the documents mentioned above.
You should also print, read, and fill out the below application and bring it to your next appointment to see if you qualify for this program.
Our front desk staff will use this information to determine your fee. And if you pay on the same day as your appointment, we will provide a discount.
Note: if you have questions about your bill, call 312-666-3494 (city) or 847-666-3494 (suburbs); press 1 for Spanish or 2 for English, then press 4 and then 3 to speak to our patient billing department.
And if you are not currently insured, please bring:
- Picture ID
- Social security card (if available)
- Birth Certificate
- Any immigration documentation proving residency (if applicable)
- Proof of current address
- Current phone number
- The most recent paycheck stub or a notarized letter verifying income
- Previous year’s tax return (if available)
Note: For those who are uninsured, this information will need to be provided every twelve months.
If you are a new patient, print and fill out the new patient intake form prior to your visit, and bring it with you to your appointment:
- Bring a list of questions and/or symptoms
- Bring a list of medications you are currently taking including the strength and dosage, or just bring the bottles with you (or take clear pictures of the entire label with your cell phone and bring your phone)
- Also bring a list of over the counter medicines, vitamins and supplements and/or home remedies you are using
- Bring a list of known drug allergies
- And know the name, address and telephone number of the pharmacy you prefer
If you are a new patient, please arrive one hour before your first scheduled appointment time. If you are a returning patient, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to register.
Be sure to ask questions if you don’t understand something. Be honest with your provider—even about sensitive subjects. Write down instructions given to you by your provider.
Erie Family Health Center accepts many different insurance cards. Which ones depend on:
- The specific Erie site at which you receive service
- The hospital you choose (if needed)
- And whether the patient is a child, adult or pregnant woman
This list changes; so to find the most up-to-date information, please:
(1) Visit “Locations”
(2) Click the site at which you want service
(3) And click “Insurance we accept”
If you do not currently have insurance, Erie will help you learn if you qualify for coverage under ObamaCare and has staff who will sign up those who do qualify.
If you have other questions about insurance, please talk to a front desk representative.
Erie also accepts patients who do not have insurance and offers a sliding fee scale, which depends on your income. And, if you pay on the same day as your appointment, we will offer a discount as well. To qualify for this discount our records must indicate current proof of your income.
At this time, without the discount, most uninsured patients are charged $35 for a medical visit and a follow-up visit is $15 and most uninsured patients are charged $45 for a dental visit and follow-up visits are $15.
Our front desk staff will be happy to go over the details of your specific situation. Please print, read, and fill out the below application and bring it to your next appointment to see if you qualify for our sliding fee scale discount program.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us at 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494 at least 24 hours before your visit so that your appointment slot can be given to another patient.
You can also use myeriehealth.com to alert us of your need to cancel.
If you or a loved one are having a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital Emergency Room.
If you are an Erie patient and are not having an emergency, but are not feeling well at a time when we are not open, call 312-666-3494 (city) or
We have doctors on call 24/7/365.
At every site: All of our sites reserve appointment times for unscheduled urgent care for patients. Call 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494 to make a same day urgent care appointment.
Do not just go to a site; you must have an appointment.
Pediatric urgent care (by appointment only) is available in addition for all Erie patients at our West Town site Monday through Thursday, 12:00 – 4:00 PM and 5:00 – 9:00 PM and on Fridays 1:30 – 5:30 PM. Call 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494 to make a same day pediatric urgent care appointment at West Town.
Adult urgent care (by appointment only) is available in addition for all Erie patients at our Division Street location, Monday through Friday from 3:30 – 5:30 PM. Call 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494 to make a same day adult urgent care appointment at Division Street.
Holiday urgent care and hours of operation: Erie’s hours of operation and sites that are open during holiday periods vary. Current information is always posted on our website, eriefamilyhealth.org. Of course, as a registered Erie patient, you can always reach a doctor–24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year by calling 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494.
After Hours Care: If you’re a registered Erie patient experiencing an after-hours emergency, we’re just a phone call away! An on-call doctor is standing by 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year at 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494.