Call for information or an appointment.
Suburbs call 847.666.3494
WIC is the Women, Infants, and Children Program. WIC helps families eat well and stay healthy. WIC is FREE to participants.
Who is WIC for?
- Infants and children up to their 5th birthday (even if they are cared for by other guardians, fathers, grandparents, or foster parents)
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Women who have just had a baby
WIC provides free...
- Vouchers for healthy foods – depending on your specific nutritional needs
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Nutrition counseling
- Referrals to health and other social services
Contact one of the following WIC locations for more information and to apply.
Not sure if you qualify?
Call us at one of the above Erie WIC phone numbers if you have any questions, or click here to view the WIC Income Eligibility Guidelines. Working families and migrant families are also welcome to apply.
What do I bring to my first WIC appointment?
- Identification — for yourself and any children of age birth to 5 years
- Proof of address — a document verifying your current address
- Proof of income — current documents such as, paycheck, tax return or letter from employer
What should I expect at my first WIC appointment?
- A review of the WIC program services & benefits
- An Individualized Nutrition Assessment for each qualifying member of your family
Is WIC a public charge? If I am an immigrant can I apply for WIC?
- WIC is not a public charge*
- Immigrant families can apply for WIC*