Your care team wants to be prepared for your in-person or video telehealth visit. That’s why you need to make your appointment in advance.
Making your appointment
- The first and last name of the patient
- The date of birth of the patient
- The Erie location at which you’d like to receive service. A telehealth video visit with your provider may also be an option if you are an established Erie patient.
- The name of the doctor or other provider whom you have seen before (unless you don’t remember your provider’s name)
- A telephone number where we can call you and/or text you to remind you of your appointment
When you ask for your appointment:
- Please let us know if you’d like to schedule back-to-back medical and dental appointments for yourself or your child, or both. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- If you are an established Erie patient, depending on the reason for your visit, you may be able to see your Erie provider at a convenient time, from the comfort of your home. Ask us if a video telehealth appointment is an option for you.
Call us at 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494 to make an in-person appointment.
Established Erie patients:
To make an appointment, call us. Or if you have Erie MyChart, you can ask for an appointment in your Erie MyChart account at myeriehealth.com. Depending on the reason for your visit, you may be able to see your Erie provider at a convenient time, from the comfort of your home. Ask us if a video telehealth appointment is an option for you.
Getting Ready for Your Appointment
- Adult Patients – 18 Years and Older, bring your picture ID (driver’s license, State ID, passport).
- Patients Under 18 Years, if accompanied by an adult other than the parent or legal guardian, the patient must bring a picture ID and consent form completed and signed by the parent or legal guardian.
- If you are a new patient, print and fill out the new patient intake form prior to your visit, and bring it with you to your appointment:
- New Patient Intake Form – English
- Información del paciente nuevo – Español
- If you have insurance, please bring your medical or insurance card to your appointment.
- Click here for information on insurance we accept, and what to do if you do not have insurance.
Information about your symptoms and medications you or the child patient is taking:
- Bring a list of questions and/or symptoms
- Bring a list of medications you or the patient are currently taking, including the strength and dosage,
- or just bring the bottles with you
- or take clear pictures of the entire label with your cell phone and bring your phone
- Bring a list of over the counter medicines, vitamins, supplements and/or home remedies you are using
- Bring a list of known drug allergies
- Bring the name, address and telephone number of the pharmacy you prefer
Payment is preferred at the time of service.
Please bring your:
- Picture ID
- Medical or insurance card.
Erie Family Health accepts many different insurance plans.
Click here to see a full list of accepted insurance plans. The insurance plans we accept depend on:
- The specific Erie site at which you receive service
- The hospital you choose (if needed)
- And whether the patient is a child, adult or pregnant woman
- If you do not currently have insurance, Erie will help you learn if you qualify for coverage.
- If you have other questions about insurance, please talk to a front desk representative.
If you don't have insurance, or if you have a high deductible
We have a Sliding Fee Scale discount program, which depends on your income. If you’re interested in applying, or to see if you qualify, please bring these items to your appointment:
- a copy of your most recent pay stub
- the application below. Please print it, fill it out, and bring it to your appointment.
- Learn more about our Sliding Fee Scale discount program.
Our front desk staff will be happy to go over the details of your specific situation.
And, if you pay on the same day as your appointment, we will offer a discount as well.
- Save time with precheck-in, by logging in to Erie MyChart a few days before your visit, to fill out forms or questionnaires assigned to you, and to update your personal information and insurance before your visit.
- Please wear a mask when entering any Erie health center if you are having symptoms of viral illness (flu-like symptoms, such as fever, chills, coughing or sneezing, to name a few).
- If you are a new patient, please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment to register.
- If you are an established patient, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Let the Front Desk team know you have arrived, once you enter the health center.
- Be sure to ask questions if you don’t understand something. Be honest with your provider—even about sensitive subjects. Write down instructions given to you by your provider.
Visit eriefamilyhealth.org/telehealth to prepare for your telehealth video visit. Please remember, for pediatric telehealth video visits the child must be present.
Save time with precheck-in, by logging in to Erie MyChart a few days before your visit, to fill out forms or questionnaires assigned to you, and to update your personal information and insurance before your visit.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us at 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494 at least 24 hours before your visit so that your appointment slot can be given to another patient.
You can also use myeriehealth.com to alert us of your need to cancel.
If you or a loved one are having a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital Emergency Room.
If you are an Erie patient and are not having an emergency, but are sick at a time when we are not open, call 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494. We have providers on call 24/7/365.
Same day urgent care appointments
All of our sites reserve some appointment times for unscheduled urgent care for our patients. Call 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494 to ask about a same day urgent care appointment.
Do not just go to a site; you must have an appointment.
After Hours Care
If you’re a registered Erie patient experiencing an after-hours emergency, we’re just a phone call away! An on-call provider is standing by 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year at 312-666-3494 or 847-666-3494.