Medical Education and Training
In 2018, Erie helped to train 250 future healthcare professionals with diverse backgrounds. These included residents in family medicine, internal medicine, and pediatrics; fellows in pulmonary, podiatry, and integrative medicine; as well as medical, dental, nurse practitioner, midwife, and nursing students.
Recognizing the national shortage of primary care doctors, Erie is committed to training the next generation of primary care leaders to work in underserved urban communities. We are proud of the five residency programs in which the residents’ primary longitudinal outpatient training in based at Erie health centers.
- AdvancingPractice Nurse Practitioner and Midwife Fellowship
- The University of Chicago NorthShore Family Medicine Residency at Erie Evanston/Skokie
- The Swedish Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
- The Swedish Covenant Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program at Erie Foster Avenue
- The McGaw Northwestern Family Medicine Residency at Erie Humboldt Park
- The McGaw Northwestern Family Medicine Residency Program at Lake Forest Hospital and Erie HealthReach Waukegan
- National Institute of Medical Assistant Advancement
Erie also partners with other medical and academic centers on education and training including University of Chicago Medicine, Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, and Rosalind Franklin University.