Clinical Education and Training
Every year, Erie helps to train more than 200 future healthcare professionals with diverse backgrounds. These include medical residents in family medicine, internal medicine, and pediatrics; Advanced Practice Nursing Fellows; as well as medical, dental, nurse practitioner, midwifery, nursing, and medical assistant students.
Recognizing the national shortage of primary care providers and staff, Erie is committed to training the next generation of primary care leaders to work in underserved communities. We are proud of the seven residency programs, APRN Fellowship, and Medical Assistant training program in which the learners’ primary longitudinal outpatient training is at Erie Health Centers.
- AdvancingPractice Nurse Practitioner and Midwife Fellowship
- The University of Chicago NorthShore Family Medicine Residency at Erie Evanston/Skokie
- The Swedish Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
- The Swedish Covenant Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program at Erie Foster Avenue
- The Northwestern McGaw Family Medicine Residency at Erie Humboldt Park
- The Northwestern McGaw Family Medicine Residency Program at Lake Forest Hospital and Erie HealthReach Waukegan
- The Northwestern McGaw Internal Medicine Residency Program at Erie West Town
- The University of Chicago Pediatric Medicine Residency Program at Erie West Town
- National Institute of Medical Assistant Advancement
Erie partners with other medical and academic centers on education and training including Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine and University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry. Erie also hosts interns from Masters in Public Health and Masters in Healthcare Administration programs in the area.