Call for information or an appointment.
Suburbs call 847.666.3494
Paying For Your Visit
For Patients With Insurance
Erie Family Health accepts many different forms of insurance.
Payment is preferred at the time of service.
Please print and fill out the new patient intake form (below) prior to your visit, and bring it with you to your appointment:
Click here to send us an email.
Sliding Fee Scale
Patients without insurance or patients with high deductibles qualify for the sliding fee scale discount.
During the coronavirus outbreak, Erie is offering a temporary sliding fee scale for telehealth appointments.
Even if you have insurance, you may be able to use our sliding fee scale discount program. Please read the below information below, as well as print, read, and fill out the application below and bring it to your next appointment to see if you qualify for this program.
Qualified patients are charged on a sliding fee scale, which is based on family size and household income. In order to qualify, patients must provide proof of identification, proof of family size and proof of income. This information must be renewed every 12 months.
- Identification: State driver’s license, State Identification Card, Matricula Consular de Alta Seguridad (Identification card issued by the Government of Mexico), Passport, or similar identification from other countries of origin.
- Family size: Includes any dependent children, Spouse or Partner, children attending college up to the age of 26, and any individual whom the applicant has legal responsibility for that is shown as a dependent on the taxes are also included in determining the total number of individuals in a household.
*For children attending college you must provide a schedule or transcripts that can be utilized to verify support provided to children ages 18-26.
Income: One months’ worth of pay check stubs and those pay check stubs of family members living with you who quality as part of the household. Other documents you can provide if you do not have any of the documents mentioned above can be found below.
Our front desk staff will use this information to determine your fee. And if you pay on the same day as your appointment, we will provide a discount.
Our front desk staff will be happy to go over the details of your specific situation.
Note: if you have questions about your bill, call 312-666-3494 (city) or 847-666-3494 (suburbs); press 1 for Spanish or 2 for English, then press 4 and then 3 to speak to our patient billing department.
If you have one of the Medicaid plans below, your plan provides free transportation to and from doctor appointments and pharmacy visits. Depending on which plan you have, you can get bus passes or a van/car ride.
Call your plan 3 or more days before your appointment to schedule transportation.
Calling 10 days before your appointment is recommended to allow time to
receive bus passes in the mail.
If you or a caregiver drive to appointments, mileage reimbursement from your insurance may be available. Call your plan 3 or more days before your appointment to ask about mileage reimbursement.
When you call your plan, be prepared to tell the representative:
• Your Name, Member ID or Medicaid ID, and Date of Birth
• Your destination address and appointment time
• If you need to make multiple trips in one day (to the doctor, then a pharmacy for example)
• If you need special accommodations (for example: you have a wheelchair, or you are traveling with an escort)