We're open on Memorial Day.
Erie Helping Hands and Erie Humboldt Park health centers will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday, May 31 for urgent care and telehealth appointments.
Call 312-666-3494 (city) or 847-666-3494 (suburbs) to make an appointment.
Enter some basic information about yourself and one of our staff members will contact you within two business days. Kits may also be requested via phone by calling 312-386-6344.
Questions? Please contact Lisa Vazquez, LHL Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Prepare for the test.
- Do not eat, drink or use oral care products (mouthwash, toothpaste, whitening strips, etc.) 30 minutes before starting this test.
- Remove dental products such as dentures or any other products that cover your gums.
- Wash your hands thoroughly (soap and water for at least 20 seconds).
- Find a quiet, well-lit place where you can be for at least 20 minutes.
- If you use glasses to read, you will need them for taking this test.
- Have a timer, watch or another time keeping tool that can record time for 20 to 40 minutes.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- You must be 17 or older to use this test.
- If you are living with HIV the OraQuick test is not meant for you.
- If you have participated in an HIV vaccine clinical trial, you may get a positive result using this test, but it may not mean that you are infected with HIV. You should seek follow-up with the research group.
- If you think you have been infected in the last three months, this test is not right for you, and you would benefit from an HIV test in clinic.