Enter some basic information about yourself and one of our staff members will contact you within two business days. Kits may also be requested via phone by calling 312-386-6344.
Questions? Please contact Lisa Vazquez, LHL Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepare for the test.
- Do not eat, drink or use oral care products (mouthwash, toothpaste, whitening strips, etc.) 30 minutes before starting this test.
- Remove dental products such as dentures or any other products that cover your gums.
- Wash your hands thoroughly (soap and water for at least 20 seconds).
- Find a quiet, well-lit place where you can be for at least 20 minutes.
- If you use glasses to read, you will need them for taking this test.
- Have a timer, watch or another time keeping tool that can record time for 20 to 40 minutes.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- You must be 17 or older to use this test.
- If you are living with HIV the OraQuick test is not meant for you.
- If you have participated in an HIV vaccine clinical trial, you may get a positive result using this test, but it may not mean that you are infected with HIV. You should seek follow-up with the research group.
- If you think you have been infected in the last three months, this test is not right for you, and you would benefit from an HIV test in clinic.